[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Wed Jan 25 23:53:59 MST 2006

Can anyone point me to a reference or sample config for bypassing a
nailed up (point to point) t1 between two PBXs with asterisk and a pair
of t1 cards?

Right now I have 2 Nortel norstars connected to each other via a leased
line t1. I also have a solid 10mbps low latency microwave link between
the 2 sites.

My goal is to run an asterisk box at each end with a t1 card and
Ethernet card to act as a TDM<>SIP gateway to bypass the nailed T1 in a
relatively dumb configuration, with the goal of migrating off of the
norstars eventually.

In past situations I would have done this with a pair of Cisco routers
with T1 interfaces in them but in this case I want to get asterisk into
the picture as an eventual replacement for the norstars.