[Asterisk-Users] Best FXO hardware for home use

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jan 25 17:00:29 MST 2006

> > echo cancellation is pretty limited on these cheap devices.
> > the spa3000 manual for example states the AEC is limited to
> > 8ms. good AECs will handle 64ms or more. in my experience the
> > spa3000 echo canceller is cranky. it works most but not all
> > of the time.
>
> I have been using one for 6 months without any problems. Make sure you have
> the most current firmware on it and it should work just fine.

Kerry,

There "is" an issue with the spa3k (as well as the TDM04b) in terms
of handling echo properly on long pstn loops. You are obviously on
a relatively short loop if you've not been exposed to the variable
echo cancellation issues.

In other words, long pstn loops basically fall outside the limits of
the echo cancellation software as someone else already noted.