[Asterisk-Users] Best FXO hardware for home use

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Jan 25 15:43:42 MST 2006

If you use the Sipura 3000 (which is nice, by the way) Asterisk doesn't
actually answer the call, but the Sipura does and passes it over SIP.  It
may cause issues with hanging up.  Sometimes mine stay off-hook and I have
to reset them.

Specifically, should I buy a FXO ATA like the Sipura 3000, or a PCI form
factor port like the Digium TDM400 series.  I have read horrible things
about problems with the X100P, so I have ruled that out.  The Sipura 3000
gives me the ability to get an FXO/FXS configuration that I can put anywhere
in the network, which simplifies my wiring a bit (I'd rather push 100BT
signals around than analog telephony), but I don't know how reliable it is
in an FXO role compared to the TDM400.  Am I missing another FXO hardware
option that is even better?
Thanks,
Mike