[Asterisk-Users] NEAX 2000 IVS Integration

Derek Schartung dschartung at cheekwood.org
Wed Jan 25 08:21:25 MST 2006

Greetings all,

This is my first post to this forum, so please be kind.  I am looking to
integrate Asterisk as our primary voice mail server (IVS) for our NEC
NEAX 2000 IVS.  We currently use a 6-port Mitel system.  The two
communicate via analog TDM ports and a MCI serial connection. Is anyone
familiar with setting up a NEAX 2000 with Asterisk as an IVR server?  I
know I would need six FXO and six FXS cards, but the serial settings are
unfamiliar to me. Maybe I want our PRI to route through the Asterisk box
before the NEC so that the routing is correct.  A push in the right
direction would be helpful.

Thanks

Derek Schartung
Technology Coordinator
1200 Forrest Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37205
615-354-6383 (O) 615-582-0015 (M)
www_dot_cheekwood_dot_org

Cheekwood inspires and educates by making art, horticulture, and nature
accessible to a diverse community.