[Asterisk-Users] ZAP - Can't pickup calls on Analog Trunk

Asterisk User List asteriskuserlist at advancepkg.com
Wed Jan 25 06:42:55 MST 2006

>Are the trunks just pots lines (plain old telephone service lines)? If
you don't know you could put an analog phone
>on the incoming lines and verify you can dial out. Also, if you call
the line the phone should ring. If this is
>true then you will need fxoks in your pbx instead of the fxsks.

They are lines from the phone company but unlike normal phone lines in
the fact that they have multiple numbers per trunk line.  Such as trunk
1 has the following numbers assigned to it:
555-1111
555-1112
555-1113
555-1114
555-1115

On the old PBX these lines are picked up and the then the called number
is checked, from there the call is routed to the appropriate desk phone.
Because of that I am not sure I can plug a standard phone in and get
that phone to ring, I will give it a shot and see what happens.  I can
however make calls out of the trunk through Asterisk this leads me to
believe that it is correct to have FXO ports using fxsks instead of FXS
with fxoks.

Phil Smith