[Asterisk-Users] Config File Storage

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Jan 25 05:42:13 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 10:38:14AM +0000, tim panton wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2006, at 01:42, Douglas Garstang wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to think of a way to store/represent the Asterisk .conf
> >files. One method is to store them in MySQL in some format, and
> >then write some scripts to query MySQL and generate the conf files
> >before doing a reload.

Note that while asterisk config files appear to be simple "ini
files"-like dictionaries, the order in them actually does matter. Thus a
simple straight-forward table will not represent them 100% well.

In many cases you can neglect that ordering. In some cases (zapata.conf,
and some complex cases of the dialplan) the order does matter.