[Asterisk-Users] ISDN / Analog

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jan 25 05:41:09 MST 2006

Phil,

It sounds like your carrier is just using a channel bank to split off
six of your E1 channels into analog FXO ports.  You will want this for
fax lines, security systems, and dialup connections since doing this
over VoIP/Asterisk can be problematic.  It is best to keep these lines
out of the PBX.

I have done several implementations on IBM x305 and x306 servers and
they work great.  I cannot comment on the x100 though, since I have no
experience with it.

Thanks,

Steve Totaro

www.asteriskhelpdesk.com <http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com/>