[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP phones to Cisco Unity via CCM4.0SIP Trunk

Michael J. Tubby B.Sc (Hons) G8TIC mike.tubby at thorcom.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 10:52:32 MST 2006

Options would appear to be:

a) use cheaper SCCP phones like 7905/7912 and stay with CCM

b) put an asterisk box up and configure a SIP trunk between CCM and Asterisk - I have done this and it works although there used to be a bug with the CCM box not tearing down the RTP at the end of the call - it appeared to rely on receiving an ICMP "port not reachable" from the other end - this could probably be fixed with the appropriate rtptimeouts ?

You would add new users on Asterisk using SIP phones and have a mixed system.

c) ditch the CCM and go 100% Asterisk

You might consider (b) in the short/medium with a road-map towards (c)

Mike