[Asterisk-Users] CAPI crash/lockups?

Michael J. Tubby B.Sc (Hons) G8TIC mike.tubby at thorcom.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 10:38:18 MST 2006

List (and Armin)

My set up is as follows:

    RedHat Fedora Core #3 box
    AVM C4 card
    Asterisk 1.2.1
    chan_capi-cm-0.6.1 (with patches from Armin)
    2 x ISDN2e line (4 channels) bonded in P2P mode - British Telecom

I have, before today, had two occasions where the CAPI sub-system just "stopped", ie. I could not place or receive calls - attempting to place calls resulted in Reorder at the SIP phone - calling our switchboard number resulted in 5 seconds silence and then number un-obtainable.

Stopping and re-starting Asterisk did not fix the problem - instead I had to power down the server and re-start it - presumably to re-start the C4 card and its firmware?

On the previous occasions I could plug my older Panasonic KXTD816 exchange in to the ISDN2e lines and the ISDN would come up and calls could be made/received.

Today we had a more significant failure:

a) the console had the following printk() messages on it:

    kcapi: msgid: 42885 ncci 0x10a01 not on queue
    capilib_free_ncci: ncci 0x10101 not found
    kcapi: msgid: 55642 ncci 0x10201 not on queue

b) enabling "capi debug" and attempting to place an outgoing call failed with "reason 44 - channel not available"

c) plugging in the old Panasonic exchange - the ISDN did not work - BT announcement "<alert> Sorry there is a temportary fault"

I had to get BT to clear the fault and reboot the asterisk system to get back on line.

Advice sought...

Regards

Mike