[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 horrible echo

Gavin Adams me at gavinadams.org
Mon Jan 23 22:03:00 MST 2006

I've got the exact same setup, boot ROM and application versions too, except
I'm running Asterisk 1.2.2 and am experiencing the same issue. At first I
thought I'd broken the mike by seeing if the mike hole up front was for the
power adapter (didn't even think to check out the included network cable).

> Issue: horrible echo (and squeals, and "underwater-like" sound) on speaker
> phone when calling from extension to extension.

I can only attest to the echo, squeal and variance in volume going from the
handset to an FXO connection, but it's there. Also, using the built in
hardware check show a surprising amount of background noise from my PC, more
so than my 7960.

> All gains, etc. are as listed in the Polycom Admin Guide.

I'm using pretty much the defaults too as I'm still correcting and moving
entries to the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg files. The only thing I can think of
is to play with the AGI settings.

> Anyone with thoughts of where to start?

Same here please!!!!!

Regards,