[Asterisk-Users] Config File Storage

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Jan 23 18:42:22 MST 2006

I'm trying to think of a way to store/represent the Asterisk .conf files. One method is to store them in MySQL in some format, and then write some scripts to query MySQL and generate the conf files before doing a reload.

MySQL is pretty heavy handed though. I'm looking for something a bit more lightweight, maybe.... some sort of XML based database for Linux, where the config files could be stored in XML format? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to represent them this way.

Trying to find a way to store them so they can be accessed easier from a web interface.

Thanks, Doug