[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 - the party's over :-(

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Mon Jan 23 17:01:02 MST 2006

> If I were going to bet a couple bucks on this, I'd suggest the spa3000
> will
> disappear alltogether, and a replacement in the form of a linksys box
with
> a faster processor is not far behind.

One of the features I'd like to see in such a box is TDMoE support (eg
it would be a 'mini' channel bank), and IAX support.

Previously, with the 'unlocked' version available there wasn't too much
incentive to try and 'unlock' them (although it has been done). Now I
guess there will be more effort on such things, which means we can get
them cheaper as they will have been subsidised by the Telco...

James