[Asterisk-Users] SIP and NAT - best practices?

Krystian Filiks krystian.filiks at kfiliks.com
Mon Jan 23 16:18:39 MST 2006

Apart of what everyone writes with the NAT=YES I would suggest using
canreinvite=no as well as normally asterisk cans the reinvite and this
might cause the audio not to get through the NAT  and cause dead air for
the users specially if the users are behind 2 seperate NAT servers eg.
different private networks.

By using canreinvite=no and nat=yes most of the NAT problems go away.

In this scenario the example would look like this:

[2201]
user=blah
secret=blah
auth=blah