[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP phones to Cisco Unity via CCM 4.0 SIP Trunk

sys read sysread at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:48:32 MST 2006

Hi,

I've got a CCM ( Cisco Call Manager ), with a Cisco Unity VM server and
about 45 SCCP phones on the ccm, and 200 users on unity.   we want to
migrate all users to IP Phones to ditch our ancient phone system.   I would
love to get Linksys-Sipura SPA-941s for the 150 users not on IP phones yet
and run sip to an asterisk server, but have their voicemail on Unity.

these phones are $150 each, the alternative is cisco 7940s ( around $250 )
running SCCP through the CCM.  at the quantities I'm talking about, $100 is
significant.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this done?

I've tried this:

exten => 123,1,Dial(SIP/sipphone,20)
exten => 123,2,Dial(SIP/ccm/3040)

where 3040 is our VM pilot for ccm.  but all it does is take us to the main
greeting.

we have smartnet, but they haven't been helpful at all

I called digium to see if they could help if we paid, but they said they've
never heard of cisco unity....

help?

thanks.