[Asterisk-Users] Home Test!

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:41:58 MST 2006

Hola Facundo, saludos desde Panama.

If you're running asterisk at home or some other asterisk project and
you're only concerned about the ATA, well, a HT-286 (entry level,
cheap) is a good start. Yes, there are reported issues with the
GrandStream equipment but all the others have issues too (ok ok I
know, don't start on this one).

Since your home installation is not *mission critical* a HT-286 will be good.

So far I can tell you that a voice provider in my country uses HT-286
and HT-486 commercially deployed at customer premises and it has been
working prefectly.

My girlfriend who is at this moment in Belgium has an HT-286 that I
sent to her and the ATA register back to Panama with no problems. No
echo issues.

Maybe due to line conditions in Argentina you need to try different
echo cancellers.

Cheers,