[Asterisk-Users] How to have a phone ring another extension as soon as off-hook?

Karl O. Pinc kop at meme.com
Mon Jan 23 11:13:38 MST 2006

On 01/23/2006 08:55:09 AM, Omadon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:32:32PM -0500, Script Head wrote:
> > I am seeking to implement the following behavor:
> >
> > When a headset on phone1 is picked up, phone2 rings right away,
> without any
> > need to dial numbers on phone1. Is this possible to implement?

I believe you would do this by having extension 's' dial the
second phone.  I believe it would be best to have a new
extension context for this code.  Then, you need to associate
your new context in extentionss.conf with the channel your
phone uses.

Anyhow, I think this will work with a zapta interface and
a plain old telephone.  I don't know if the fancy network
phones try to contact asterisk/anybody when the receiver
is picked up.

Karl <kop at meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein