[Asterisk-Users] T3 Mux and Asterisk Question

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jan 23 09:14:19 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Greg Boehnlein wrote:
>
>> Hehehe.. Ask your Telco if they can provision E1 for you. ;) The
>> Digium cards can handle E1 or T1, and if you go E1 you'll get 30
>> channels instead of 24 on the span.
>

> I have talked to a number of telcos in the US about this... they don't
> have the ability to do it. Ignoring the NI-2 vs. EuroISDN issue
> (Asterisk can easily run NI-2 over an E1, some switches cannot), their
> networks _cannot_ handle a 2.048MHz span.

Actually every US made switch I've ever seen is 2.048MHz to the core.
They then rate change to the T1s. It makes export easier to handle. Any
mixof E1/2/3.. or T1/2/3..  cards will just plug in and go timing wise.
The issue is probably more of not being set up for mixed ulaw/Alaw
working. I don't think anyone is really set up for that within the switch.

Regards,
Steve