[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] WAS: click-to-call cleint NOW: XML Manager I/F str aw poll

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jan 23 06:48:31 MST 2006

This has been discussed before. The decision was that manager in
Asterisk should *not* be XML. That's why we started to create the
AstManproxy that converts to XML.

I do believe that an XML formatted manager will help a lot of
developers, so having the option of both is a good thing.

Before that even happens, we need to continue cleaning up manager. There
is a lot of syntax errors, re-used headers and other issues that needs
to be fixed. And a lot of things that is not implemented in manager, but
only in CLI with stripped output to fit a console screen.

Please help us fix that first.

Regards,
/Olle

(Who wrote two patches to convert SIPpeers and IAXpeers to xml as an
option, and got stopped).