[Asterisk-Users] Bug in attended transfer or as expected?

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Mon Jan 23 00:53:06 MST 2006

Hi all,

I have had quite a few customer complaints about attended transfer
cutting off callers.

The problem is when reception is busy she doesn't always wait for
someone to answer the call, however hanging up a ringing transfer on
attended also hangs up the caller.

I have checked the scripts I don't *think* this is a dial plan error but
if anyone has this working correctly on Asterisk 1.2.1 I will certainly
look again.

Personally I (and all the customers I have spoken to) consider this to
be incorrect behaviour and not how legacy PBX's function.

Retraining users to know the difference between blind and attended
transfer and their corresponding actions keys is one solution however I
think it's a very poor one and still prone to error, especially when the
error is cutting off a customer.

For a start it's a large undertaking (3 receptionists but on a weekend
any of the 15 sales staff may pickup the main incoming number if busy)
but the biggest problem is how do I explain to a customer that this
amazing cutting edge VOIP PBX cant do something that their 10 year old
phone system can :)

We do have 85% Snom 360's in this particular dealership so have switched
to using the phones attended transfer but this isn't my preferred
solution.

If anyone has any ideas to fix this that would be hugely appreciated, or
just a comment on whether this is expected behaviour.

Thanks again

Alex

Alex Barnes
Engineering Support
Ubiquity Software

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.