[Asterisk-Users] HardPhone Dilemma

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sun Jan 22 22:02:54 MST 2006

At 12:36 PM 01/20/2006, you wrote:
>So please respond if you have used either of these two phones.  Give
>me any information you may have on them.

I've had the Aastra 480i CT for a week or 2 and so far I've been very
happy, but I've not used it much. Aastra claims that while it will
support 4 handsets you can only use 2 devices at a time so 2 cordless
sets or the base and 1 cordless.  They indicated that they expect to
support all 5 at once in the future.  It acts somewhat like 2 phones
and somewhat like one. The base and the cordless share a SIP
connection for each line up to the 9 supported.  The voice quality is
good and the cordless has enough buttons to do what I need. Best
price I found was at Provantage, but likely no support and no
returns.  Asterisk seems to support it correctly. Mine came with very
old firmware and it didn't do much till I installed the latest firmware.

Ira