[Asterisk-Users] Installing the none commercialintelg729codecs into Asterisk@Home 2.2?

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sun Jan 22 16:08:36 MST 2006

> I also didnt comment on whether or not anyone can prove that
> you do have licenses, even if they know you use the codecs.
> Because to rely on that would be dubious at best, shut you
> down at worst.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what one's legal position would be if one bought
the appropriate number of licences from Digium, yet used the gcc (or intel)
compiled binaries.

Why would you want to do that, you ask? Well, for the same reasons why
people buy games then apply no-CD cracks to them anyway - convenience. If
one wanted to shift g729 licences around from machine to machine on a
frequent basis, the mac-based licencing method might prove cumbersome.

Regards,

Chris