[Asterisk-Users] wildcard matching in dialplan

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:18:15 MST 2006

> This is a problem because many of my users are using GXP-2000s with
> Early Dial enabled: I need Asterisk to go on rejecting the number with
> "484 address incomplete" until it sees the final * digit.
>
> Can anybody give me a clue how to accomplish this?

If the phone is even entry quality, it should have a digit map which
the user can change to avoid this problem.

You could also use a trick like *21* going to a new context and
waiting for digits (with a slighly longer timeout) and have it
"trigger" on the longest possible number.

perhaps if local extension were of the form 2nnn or 2nn and you want
to use both local and normal local POTS numbers you can use two or
more extensions:

_*21*2xx*
_*21*2xxx*

_*21*nxxnxxxx*

etc. Use the include=> "trick" to prioritize the last three properly.

just a few half-baked ideas