[Asterisk-Users] Phone still rings while on a call

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sun Jan 22 10:16:38 MST 2006

> I am not sure that it is a problem more so an annoyance. If
> someone dials my extension number or external DDI while I am
> already in a call rather than skipping to the next priority
> in the dial plan for example voicemail the line continues to
> ring and while in a call I can hear the phone ringing in the
> ear peice.

You don't say what Grandstream phones you have, but if they're GXP-2000s,
they come with call waiting enabled by default. All our clients find the
in-ear ringing very off-putting and all have requested CW be disabled. It's
in the web interface.

It'd be nice if Grandstream took this on board and provided an option for
call waiting, where, for example, the line 2 light flashed to indicate a
call, but there was no audible indicator.

Regards,

Chris