[Asterisk-Users] Agressive echo cancelation

Clint Sharp clint at kirkhamsystems.com
Sat Jan 21 18:48:31 MST 2006

Ronald Hartmann wrote:

>Anyone know if it is possible to control how aggressively the
>"Aggressive" mode behaves.
>
>Meaning, is it possible to dial back the aggressive mode to have a happy
>medium between
>Regular and the Aggressive defaults.
>
>I have a situation where Normal echo cancellation is not quite enough,
>however when I turn on aggressive mode
>We are attacking it to hard and I am unhappy with the walkie talkie
>behaviour of the Aggressive mode.
>
>Thanks for any feedback.
>
>~ron

Not that I could see in the headers, I didn't check out the source
code.  I loaded the recent Echocan Preload patch up and with MG2
echocan, the preload setup after dumping a call that had time to train
well (about 30 seconds) and loading those values, and then having the
gains set down pretty low I'm able to get decent quality.  The final
problem I fixed on Friday was putting 1.0.1.9 back on my GXP-2000s since
1.0.1.12 was way too quiet on the handset and turning the gain values up
really horked up the echocan.

Clint