[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID and Sipura Router

Conrad Beckert conrad_videokonferenz at gmx.de
Sat Jan 21 11:30:27 MST 2006

Could anyone please help me with that:

I have an analog telephone connected to Asterisk using a Sipura 2002 ATA. When
calling the extension, the caller ID presented is always the number of that
extension rather than the number of the calling one.

While I learned that this is the new standard behaviour (?) of Asterisk, I
want to show the original caller ID.

I tried the options o and f in the dial command - e.g.

exten => 1002,4,dial(sip/2999,20,o)

no avail. The phone rings and shows 2999 instead of the calling party!

The SIPURA seems to be ok: when I connect to Sipgate/Nikotel etc. directly,
everything is ok

What's wrong? My Asterisk Version is 1.2.1
Conrad