[Asterisk-Users] Re: MeetMe Dialplan question

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Sat Jan 21 09:34:50 MST 2006

Hi Tony,

> Look at the option 'G(context^exten^pri)' in the Dial application.

Thanks for the hint but I am not sure if this will help me. Either I am
too blind to see the solution or I stated the question in an unclear
way. :-) What I want is this:

1. Customer calls me or I call customer.
2. In the middle of the call I decide to get an additional collegues in
the call.

Usually I would put the first call on hold, call the collegue and then
press the conference button on my SNOM 360. Unfortunatly there seems to
be a problem with the SNOMs and Asterisk 1.2.x since audio on those
conferences get distorted after a few seconds. Therefore I need a
substitution for this using MeetMe. I thought about this:

3. I transfer the call to my "personal" MeetMe room. In this step I
would like not only the customer but also me to be connected to the
MeetMe room automatically. Basically I can continue to chat with the
customer without him noticing anything.

4. I now put the call on hold and call the collegue. If he wants to join
I simply transfer him to the room as well and can continue to do so with
other collegues. In order to return to the conference myself I now do
not need to call the conference number myself but simply return to the
call created in step 3.

With the exception of step 3 everything seems easy. How can I solve this
with the G-option?

> Specifying the 'q' flag to MeetMe disables it. However, it also
> disables all the enter/exit sounds and so on, so if you still want
> those you will have to either:

Yep found that but as you said it disables all sounds.

> - edit the code to provide another option to turn off that message, or

Can't be too hard. I will have a look at the code an provide a patch.

> - replace the sound file conf-onlyperson.gsm with a file of zero
>   duration (not necessarily just an empty file - it might still need
> a header).

Since I want this for usual conferences this is not an option I guess.
:-)

Kind regards,
  JP