[Asterisk-Users] Re: Dell PowerConnect 2724 Switch and QoS for VOIP?

James Ronald jronald at chartermi.net
Sat Jan 21 07:55:43 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Roy" <mister.roy at gmail.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.user
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: Dell PowerConnect 2724 Switch and QoS for VOIP?

On 1/20/06, Sean Tempesta <stempesta at mpp.org> wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with the Dell PowerConnect 2724 Gigabit
> Switch and VoIP traffic?  It seems to support Class of Service (CoS),
> but not full Quality of Service (QoS).

Honoring, and tagging, are completely different things. I believe that the
2724 will just honor QOS frames. The 6000 series Dell switches are the only
true Layer 3 switches with QOS. You will probably get less than stellar
reviews from this crowd but it's not a bad switch. I've used a 6024 as a
building core switch and not had a lick of problems.

-Brian

Brian,

I'm new to this QoS stuff but can't QoS be set at the device?  At least it's
an option on the Grandstream GXP 2000 Layer 2 (Default Blank) and Layer 3
(Default 48).

JR