[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Development and Release Cycle

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri Jan 20 17:45:30 MST 2006

This is great news.

Previously, stable was just considered a snapshot and if you ran stable and encountered a bug, you had to switch to head to get the
fix.
This, of course, left you open to more possible bugs.

I think this change will make Asterisk more trustable for production use.

I understand that if you fall behind by not upgrading from one stable to the next, you will lose that bug fix promise, but I was
never able to go to head in production because of too many unknowns.

I hope a fair number of sites will use head to find bugs and such, but for asterisk to become even more of a force than it is now,
there has to be a maintained stable version.

Many thanks to the devs and other contributors for such a useful project.

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of having a better past.