[Asterisk-Users] asterisk down because of cdr

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Jan 20 17:20:55 MST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Alexander Lopez wrote:

>  Buffer! For how long? How big of a buffer? If I can buffer 10-20 calls
>that might work if I have a light use PBX but 100-2000 buffered calls
>may not hold a busy PBX.  OK so make it configurable, With any luck you
>won't know how much to put so you will allocate more than you need,
>using more memory for a single senario.
>
> My solution, make sure your DB is stable. I would rather put my effort
>in building a better solution than counting on insurance to bail me out.

Hehehe.. it should be a dynamic buffer that should grow / shrink as
neccessary and consume as much memory as it needs until the database
backend comes online. It should do periodic checks of the server to see if
it is available and then spool the buffered calls out to it, but only
spool stuff in the event the connection is not available.

                             KP-216-121-ST