[Asterisk-Users] asterisk down because of cdr

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Jan 20 17:17:48 MST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> Dov Bigio a écrit :
>
> >Ok.. but I don't use Real Time at all.
> >I just use cdr_mysql. It would be smarter if it simply ignored MySQL outages
> >or at least just logged, but without stopping.
> >

> What would be even nicer would be for * to buffer it for a while before
> it starts dropping cdrs...

Might want to use cdr_odbc instead. The issue that you are discussing was
brought up by BKW last year, and I was under the impression that it had
been patched. I.E. that when MySQL died, Asterisk would deadlock.

I'm pretty sure that cdr_odbc (which is cake configure) handles this
situation properly.

                             KP-216-121-ST