[Asterisk-Users] 1.0.10 to 1.2.1 upgrade..is it worth it?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Jan 20 17:02:15 MST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, stevanus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I've dealt with asterisk 1.0.10 successfully, I wonder what the
> benefit I will get from upgrading to 1.2.1..
> [Of course I know there're lot of new interesting stuffs  in 1.2.1, but
> are they stable already?]
>
> Does the 1.2.1 need more resources, more power hungry?
>
> Anyone has success story with asterisk 1.2.1 please share :)
>
> Thank you...

If it is of any assistance, we just dropped a 90 seat call center with a
predictive dialer onto an Asterisk 1.2 box this afternoon w/ a TE405P in
it. Over the course of 1/2 hour, they sent 3,000 calls through the box and
it is still going strong! ;)

It's being hammered without mercy, and this is a single Intel 3Ghz CPU
doing SIP -> ZAP w/ G729 and SIP -> SIP Passthrough. They are averaging
about a call a second through the box.

We had more problems with our SIP Termination upstream not being able to
handle the load... Asterisk didn't blink.

                             KP-216-121-ST