[Asterisk-Users] How to Clear SIP Channels

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Jan 20 16:29:07 MST 2006

"unknown" usually indicates that there is active communication between
Asterisk server and the phone that does not involve a voice codec. An
example of that would be registering the phone. Another example would be
call setup and teardown before RTP data is sent and codec preference is
established.

What's probably happening in your case is you have qualify=yes for each
entry in sip.conf. Therefore, Asterisk is communicating with the phones
constantly in order to give you a ping time when you type "sip show peers".
Try qualify=no in sip.conf.

hth