[Asterisk-Users] Dell PowerConnect 2724 Switch and QoS for VOIP?

Sean Tempesta stempesta at mpp.org
Fri Jan 20 14:09:37 MST 2006

Has anyone had any experience with the Dell PowerConnect 2724 Gigabit
Switch and VoIP traffic?  It seems to support Class of Service (CoS),
but not full Quality of Service (QoS).

Will CoS help prioritize VoIP traffic at all?  I am setting up an
asterisk PBX for 22 users with very light traffic, but I don't want
to have the call start skipping just because someone is pulling a
large file over the network.

If this switch isn't what I need, do you have any recommendations on
reliable, cheap switches?

Dell 2724 Product Info
<http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/
pwcnt_2724?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd>