[Asterisk-Users] Fax detected, but no fax extension

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Fri Jan 20 13:59:26 MST 2006

Well, I want to divert an incoming fax call to just play an error message
(please hang up, call my fax number...), rather than drive my secretaries
nuts. I have zapata.conf as faxdetect=incoming, and, in fact, I will get the
notice at the CLI that "Fax detected, but no fax extension". I guess that
the fax is not detected until someone picks up a ringing phone. So, before
Dial(${SECRETARY}), I insert a Wait(2) in order to give * a chance to detect
the fax, but it still does not care.

What am I missing? Do I need to ave a huge wait time before ringing
extensions, or do I need to play a sound on the line, or otherwise let the
calling fax machine know that the line is answered and it should begin to
play tones?

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga
brent.torrenga at torrenga.com