[Asterisk-Users] Hardwiring a Tellabs echo canceller - help req

Dan Elder isbeen at izmedia.com
Fri Jan 20 13:14:01 MST 2006

Hi All, Greg has been a huge help getting me going with this tellabs echo
can, but I'm still having some problems getting it to work... I suspect I
wired it up incorrectly, so I thought I'd see if anyone can point me in the
right direction. Digium tech support pointed me to this doc for a standard
T1 cable:

http://www.arcelect.com/RJ48C_and_RJ48S_8_position_jack_.htm

which looks like it means:

pin1 = recieve ring
pin2 = recive tip
pin4 = send ring
pin5 = send tip

So I treated the bottom part of the diagram like a noraml cat5 cable &
connected it in this way:

Zap side | 2572 side
--------------------
pin 1 <=> pin 25
pin 2 <=> pin 21
pin 4 <=> pin 10
pin 5 <=> pin 6

on the T1 side I have:

T1 side | 2572 side
---------------------
pin1  <=> 26
pin2  <=> 22
pin4  <=> 9
pin5  <=> 5

In the wiki page for these pinouts are listed as
T1 side(drop)

  5 Send In Tip
  9 Send In Ring
 22 Receive Out Tip
 26 Receive Out Ring

Zap side (line)

 21 Receive In Tip
 25 Receive In Ring
  6  Send Out Tip
 10 Send Out Ring

and I'm not sure what the 'in' & 'out' desinations mean....

can anyone help me or point me in the right direction for wiring this bugger
up? perhaps I did do it correctly & the can isn't configured yet (just did
that, but can't test till 2night when the office clears out)

Thanks in advance for any insights

Dan