[Asterisk-Users] instant fallback to zap in case of sip/iax/xyz-failure

Mark Hulber asterisk-admin at hulber.com
Fri Jan 20 12:18:50 MST 2006

My experience is that when an iax or sip channel is unavailable for some
reason it fails right away despite whatever timeout I have set for the
call.  In these cases the caller doesn't even realize that the call has
failed over to the next carrier.

   exten => s,n(dial1),Dial(${VOIPJET}/${ARG1}|90,T)
   exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS} = CHANUNAVAIL]?dial2)
   exten => s,n,Macro(rhangup)
   exten => s,dial1+101,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS} = BUSY]?s-BUSY|1)
   exten => s,n(dial2),Dial(IAX2/user at teliax-out/${ARG1}|90,T)
   exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS} = CHANUNAVAIL]?dial3)

MARK.