[Asterisk-Users] Detecting a PRI failure from dialplan

Ivan Meic asterisk-user at vox-mundi.net
Fri Jan 20 08:14:21 MST 2006

> I would like to know if there is a way to detect the status of a span
> prior of sendig a call across it from the dialplan.
>
> I was asked to set up an * server with 2 spans connected to the telco and
use the second as
> failover for the first.
>
> I checked that dialing a failed span (for instance: cable disconnected or
> no line) results in "congestion" for ${DIALSTATUS}, but message is too
> generic for my use.

Have you checked what happens if you put both PRI lines in a single ZAP
group
and refer to it as a Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN}) ?
I my opinion asterisk should automatically know that the first 30 B channels
are dead
and try the remaining live ones. I haven't tested it with PRI, but I'm
pretty sure it works
that way for BRI (HFC card - zaphfc module).

Ivan