[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco GW

Alex Ponnath alexp at iccinternet.com
Fri Jan 20 06:28:03 MST 2006

Hi,

I am starting to play arround with our cisco gateways which are Voip
capable, like the
2621XM as well as the 5400 Access Routers. I read some info on how many
calls a normal
Asterisk system can handle and it seems most people put the limit at
arround 120 Calls
For VOIP to DTDM. To get some better idea if asterisk is a good fit I
hope someone can
Answer me the folowing questions.

A)	When I do no transcoding in Asterisk and no termination but
rather use my cisco
	gateways to terminate or originate calls from and to the PSTN,
how does this impact
	the number of active calls a single Asterisk can handle.

B)	For voicemails, is it recommended to install a seperat Asterisk
Server or does this
	all have to happen on the same server.

C)	What is the best way to scale this to 2000 active calls at a
given time, inc build
	some redunacy into the setup to avoid a single point of failure.

D)	Anyone out there who has done a Asterisk deployment on that type
of scale and is avail
	for consulting, please contact me offline via e-mail.

Tanks

Alex