[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Linux-HA

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Jan 19 11:09:49 MST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 04:41:29PM +0100, Tron wrote:

> Yes, I know, but I have I was think that heartbeat use status function in
> init asterisk script to check if asterisk is alive, but status function is
> for redhat.Are there any similar function in Debian?. And in respect of
> slave, when slave get all resources and master wakeup, maste request for all
> resources, slave give it all resources, but asterisk continues alive in
> slave. My questions are:
>
> What I need to say to heartbeat that asterisk is alive or dead and why when
> slave give all resources to master doesn't goes down itself asterisk
> service. My init script is on /etc/hearbeat/resource.d and in /etc/init.d/.

The standard init.d scripts of Debian don't have status functions.
However the latest version in Unstable has a home-brewed one. You can
get it directly from the SVN:

the init.d script:

  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/asterisk/trunk/debian/asterisk.init?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Its default config file:

  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/asterisk/trunk/debian/asterisk.default?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

And generally the pkg-voip team is also a place to ask questions
regarding the integration oof Asterisk and Debian.