[Asterisk-Users] SAN Devices

Jared Watkins jared at watkins.net
Thu Jan 19 10:52:36 MST 2006

Adam Robins wrote:

>Anyone out there using small-midsized (2-4 TB) SAN solution among
>multiple Asterisk systems?  I don't have the budget for an EMC-caliber
>solution, and can't seem to find much else out there.

I designed a virtualized san and have been running it in production for
the last two years...  Speaking from experience... stay away from EMC!
We have several storage systems in production.. from multiple vendors...
and I've had nothing but problems with the CX line of emc systems.
Performance problems... hardware/crashing problems..  (they run embedded
xp you know) and dead fibre port problems.  If I didn't have two of
everything.. mirroring across cabinets with IpStor we would have had
serious problems.

Just my two cents on the issue of 'EMC-caliber' storage...

Jared