[Asterisk-Users] Problem with rxfax - Dropping incompatible voice frame?

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Thu Jan 19 10:40:26 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm having problems with the rxFax app.  One of the messages that appear in
my console is:
Executing Set("SIP/something",
"FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk-fax/1137692307.5.tif") in new stack
    -- Executing RxFAX("SIP/something",
"/var/spool/asterisk-fax/1137692307.5.tif") in new stack
Jan 19 12:38:30 NOTICE[12008]: channel.c:1906 ast_read: Dropping
incompatible voice frame on SIP/something of format slin since our native
format has changed to ulaw

"Dropping incompatible voice frame on SIP/something of format slin since our
native format has changed to ulaw"

This seemed particularly important, but I can't really say why....Could this
be why my faxes are often interrupting during transmission and giving me
errors on my PSTN fax machine that is used for sending the fax?

Mike