[Asterisk-Users] Connection pooling

Vadim Berezniker VadimB at isgcom.com
Thu Jan 19 06:24:12 MST 2006

I wrote a connection pooling patch because asterisk is not usable with
MSSQL without it.
If you're using, or would like to use, MSSQL I recommend you to check it
out.
http://bugs.digium.com/file_download.php?file_id=8809&type=bug

Just so you know, this is a diff against 1.2.1 and it's been only tested
with 1.2.1 (because that's what we are using in production).

To enable pooling, you need to edit your res_odbc.conf file and add
pooled => yes
poolsize => 10
To the entries you want to be pooled

This also adds an additional command "odbc showpool" that shows detailed
information about the connection pools.

We've been running with this patch on two machines and it seems to be
working just fine.