[Asterisk-Users] Re: SPA-841 spontaneous voicemail problem

Scott Bussinger scottb at opto-pps.com
Wed Jan 18 17:35:30 MST 2006

> Occasionally, one of our SPA-841's will spontaneously start up with
> "Welcome to Comedian Mail!" on the speaker phone. No one is near the
> phone or touching it. It is as if the Invisible Man walked up and pushed
> the "dial voicemail" button. I have obviously been unable to reproduce
> this problem, and I'd say it has happened maybe half a dozen times or so
> that I know of, on approximately 35 phones over the last 5 months.

Actually we've been having almost the same problem in our office for the
last month or so. Suddenly in the middle of a call, our normal autoattendent
kicks in and talks over the top of an existing conversation. I haven't found
any pattern to it and I'm not sure why it suddenly started happening, but we
are also using the SPA-841 phones. I updated the firmware not so long ago,
but I'm not sure I could tie the problem to that point in time. I'm running
3.1.4(a) firmware.

Is anyone else seeing problems like this?