[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP not sending to fax extension.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Jan 18 15:38:42 MST 2006

Andy Kuo wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Are you using
>exten => fax,1,rxfax(.....   in extensions.conf
>and
>faxdetect=both in zapata.conf?

Hmmm.  I was using "faxdetect=incoming" -- is that wrong?  I'll give
"both" a shot -- though the fax machine, itself, is on a POTS line.

>If yes, have you tried assigning an extension number for receiving
>fax? (instead of the "fax" extension)

No, I haven't.  The "fax" extension would be a Good Thing because then I
could route based on DID.  Otherwise, I might as well just use the fax
machine.  Though for testing purposes, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

-Ken