[Asterisk-Users] making wakeup feature call phone number, not extension?

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Jan 18 13:46:06 MST 2006

With most asterisk installs, there's no difference between an extension
and a phone number.  For example, from your internal context, a phone
could dial one number and get an internal destination, or dial another
number and get an external destination.  i.e. in my office I could tell
a theoretical wake-up system to call me at extension 112 -- my desk --
or at extension 7471234 -- my home.  Why should it need to know the
difference?  It's still the same procedure: call, wait for answer, play
info recording... :)

Mojo

Moises Silva wrote:
> I dont know the wakeup feature. But what you want can be done with a
> web interface generating ".call" files with the timestamp of the day,
> hour and time when you want to hear the reminder. Just read in
> voip-info about the ".call" files and if you have doubts we will be
> glad to help you.
>
> Regards
>
> On 1/16/06, Roger Hanson <roger at makarios.us> wrote:
>
>>How would one go about setting up the wakeup feature of Asterisk to NOT
>>call an extension, but to call a phone number?
>>
>>My setup works great for wakeup on local extensions, but I'd like to set
>>it up to call external phone numbers automatically and play a specific
>>sound file (to remind people of upcoming hair stylist appointments).
>>
>>I suppose either there'd have to be a web interface to use for this
>>(entering a time for the reminder - and a phone number to call) or
>>change the voice prompt to ask for a phone number to use, if not the
>>extension called from.
>>
>>I'm sure it's doable - but I am now knowledgeable enough.  I searched
>>and didn't find any instructions on the web for something like this.
>>
>>Thanks for any help...
>>

> --
> "Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>