[Asterisk-Users] Re: problems with a pri (E1)

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:18:14 MST 2006

I had the horrible problems with a TE205P installtion
with 1 E1 connected to
the telco and the other E1 connected to a digital
Panasonic PBX.
I had frame slips, dropped calls, bad frames on
D-Channel, and I did 2
things to stop most of these problems:

First thing is suggested before:
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
The timing had to be adjusted for the telco and not
internally (For both
E1s)

Second thing:
IRQs.
I discovered I had an IRQ conflict with the network
card (the worst kind), I
tried everything to avoid it and when I failed I
disabled one serial port
and one parallel part from the BIOS of the computer
forcing some IRQs to
become free and automatically linux assigned the
Digium TE205P card to one
of the freed IRQs.

These 2 steps solved my problems with the E1 line and
things became much
more stable.

I hope this was useful.

Antoine Megalla.

>> We run a asterisk 1.2.1 on a HP Proliant ML310, PIV
3Ghz 2 Mb L2
>> cache, 1 Gb Ram. We have a TE210P
>> digium card configured for E1.
>>
>> This pbx has been running for almost a moth before
giving this
>> problems, we have called our telco
>> and seens that in their side all is ok. (Our telco
is ONO- Spain)

>> This is the zaptel.conf
>>
>> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
>
>I think you want that to be:
>
>span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
>Meaning that you want to use the telco's clock as the
primary timing
>source for the card.
>

>Anytime you connect a PRI to a 'real' telco you
almost always want to