[Asterisk-Users] Auto callout - reminder - is it possible?

Stephen Misel steve at miselconsulting.com
Wed Jan 18 10:59:51 MST 2006

steve at daviesfam.org wrote:

>>I'm creating the 1.call file in another directory
>>(/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/tmp1), then moving it to the
>>/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing  directory.  I have another putty session
>>running on asterisk and logged into the asterisk console, but see no
>>activity after the file is copied in the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
>>directory.
>>

>You can't *copy* the file into the outgoing directory.  You must *mv* it.
>
>Otherwise Asterisk is quite likely to try to process your call file whilst
>it is only half created in the directory.
>
>Steve

Remember that Linux and most other Unix variants will treat a move as a
copy if the file's source and destination are on different filesystems.

For example:

/var is /dev/sda1
/tmp is /dev/sda2

If you mv a file from /tmp to /var will result in a cp, not a move.  I
use something like /var/spool/asterisk/temp, that way there's never any
concern...

-Steve