[Asterisk-Users] Auto callout - reminder - is it possible?

Roger Hanson roger at makarios.us
Wed Jan 18 10:10:11 MST 2006

Viggiani Domenico wrote:

>>You can't *copy* the file into the outgoing directory.  You
>>must *mv* it.
>>

>First, remember also to check that call file is owned by the asterisk user.
>
>Mimmus

I didn't have the ownership set to asterisk, so I changed it- but it
still doesn't work.
[root at asterisk1 tmp01]# nano 1.call
[root at asterisk1 tmp01]# chown asterisk:asterisk 1.call
[root at asterisk1 tmp01]# ls -la
total 12
drwxr-xr-x  2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Jan 18 10:59 .
drwx------  3 asterisk asterisk 4096 Jan 18 10:58 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 asterisk asterisk  130 Jan 18 10:59 1.call
[root at asterisk1 tmp01]# mv 1.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

and here's the asterisk console output I get:
    -- Attempting call on IAX2/voipjet/9529337367 for s at outboundmsg1:1
(Retry 1)
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/voipjet-3'
asterisk1*CLI>

So, I suppose the extension I have in my 1.call file is bad.....
Channel: IAX2/voipjet/9529337367
Callerid: 9528567061
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: outboundmsg1
Extension: s

Following the instructions on the wiki, I don't see what to change the
extension to - to make it work.