[Asterisk-Users] Auto callout - reminder - is it possible?

Roger Hanson roger at makarios.us
Wed Jan 18 08:04:22 MST 2006

Peter Svensson wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>

>>As far as integrating with a website or database -- that is a piece of cake.
>>Your backend logic just determines when a call is needed and gerates the
>>approprate .call file.  Just remember to create it in /tmp or something,
>>close it and then MOVE it to the outgoing spool instead of creating and
>>working on it in the outgoing spool.
>>

>You need to create the temporary file on the same device as the call spool
>resides on. Otherwise the move from the temporary location the the call
>spool will not be an atomic operation but rather a read-write-unlink
>sequence. This has been discussed earlier on the mailing list.
>
>Just make a temporary directory next to the call spool directory and
>create the files there.
>
>Peter

I haven't been able to get asterisk to call out using a .call file.
Here's what I have - trying to dial out IAX2 trunk via voipjet

Channel: IAX2/voipjet/9529337367
Callerid: 9528567061
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: outboundmsg1
Extension: s

I'm following the instructions on the Wiki at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out+deliver+message

I've recorded the messages successfully, but not convinced asterisk to
dial out.

I'm creating the 1.call file in another directory
(/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/tmp1), then moving it to the
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing  directory.  I have another putty session
running on asterisk and logged into the asterisk console, but see no
activity after the file is copied in the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
directory.

Is my 1.call file hosed and causing the trouble?  something I'm missing?

I'm using Asterisk @ home 2.2.

Here's what I put in my extensions_custom.conf file:
[outboundmsg1]
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,4,Wait(1)
exten => s,5,Background(outboundmsgs/msg1)         ; "play outbound msg"
exten => s,6,Background(outboundmsgs/how_to_ack)   ; "Press 1 to replay
or 2 to acknowledge receiving this message"
exten => 1,1,Goto(s,5)   ; replay message
exten => 2,1,Goto(msgack,s,1) ; acknowledge message
exten => t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => t,2,Hangup
; at this point we could do something like reschedule the call to try
again later
; or send an email saying the msg was not received,
; or ...

I DID do a reload on the asterisk console before trying the callout.....

I can't get it to call out.