[Asterisk-Users] Re: Choosing an FXO card, Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 100

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 05:09:17 MST 2006

On 1/17/06, steve <steve at supertec.com> wrote:
> Message: 20
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:18:18 +0000
> From: Mike Hemstock <mike at csits.net>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Choosing an FXO card
>         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> Folks,
>
> I'm looking at buying an FXO card for my home Asterisk setup.  The question I
> have is, should I got for a the Digium Wildcard FXO or settle for the
> winmodem that Digium sell?  I have spoken to the UK distributor and they only
> sell the Wildcard.  They said that the quality of the modem was questionable.
> Does anyone have any experience of this?  Is the modem noticeably different
> from the Wildcard in terms of quality?  Does it do things the modem doesn't?
> Basically, it it worth putting out an extra £90 for the Wildcard?
>
> Many thanks,
> Mike.

Mike,
I have 2 x X100P clones in my home Asterisk box (in the UK) volume levels on
outgoing speech seems to be on the low side, increasing gain increases echo.
They are not great but have been working for 18 months or so for me.
I think I paid about 12ukp on Ebay, oh and about 4.50ukp postage!!

I'm currently evaluating/testing the Sangoma 2 x FXO and 2 x FXS card
but not had chance recently to do thorough testing.
see http://www.g6phf.co.uk/
Mike